The New Standard of Sport
The 2024 Suzuki GSX-8R visceral appeal of cutting-edge sportbike styling immediately catches the eye. The sophisticated balance of power, handling, comfort and faithful response puts the rider in full control.
It’s a fine fusion of elements that heralds a new world of riding pleasure, whether commuting in town, heading out for an exhilarating run, or testing your skills on the racetrack.
The Suzuki GSX-8R is destined to lead the pack toward an exciting new era of sportbike riding.
The Future of Suzuki Sportbike Styling
From the sharp, clean design of the front face and fairing, to the slim profile of its rear section, every detail of the GSX-8R’s mass-forward aggressive stance and well-balanced proportions instantly convey performance potential.
Exposed parts such as the seat rails and engine parts are painted to highlight the mechanical appeal of functional beauty. And bold graphics that employ iconic typography create a presence that is instantly recognizable and equally appealing.
2024 Suzuki GSX-8R Inspired Fairing Design
In creating the full fairing for the 2024 Suzuki GSX-8R the designers paid due respect to the over 35- year heritage of the iconic GSX-R series, even while working to create a fresh new face that symbolizes the future of Suzuki sportbike design.
The fairing and its aerodynamic windscreen are wind tunnel tested to lower the bike’s drag coefficient, improve high-speed stability and provide wind protection that makes touring more comfortable by reducing fatigue on long rides.
Suzuki Traction Control System
Suzuki Traction Control System continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor and gear position sensor, and quickly reduces engine output when wheel spin is detected.
Engine output is controlled by managing ignition timing and air delivery to ensure smoother traction control operation. As a results rider can enjoy long distance riding more comfortable, with less stress and fatigue.
2024 Suzuki GSX-8R Ride By Wire
Butterfly valves on the throttle bodies are controlled by an advanced electronic engine management system.
Low RPM Assist
Low RPM Assist uses the ISC mechanism to help raise engine rpm slightly in launching and riding at low speed. This new feature helps smoother operation when pulling away and when riding at slow speeds, this means it’s easier to pull away and easier to control the engine in stop-start traffic.
Suzuki Easy Start System
On a normal motorcycle when starting the engine, the rider needs to press and hold the starter switch until the engine fires up. With the Suzuki Easy Start, all you need to do is one quick push of the starter switch, just like starting a modern car engine.
The ECM recognizes the signals and keeps the starter motor working for a specified time.
Bi-Directional Quick Shift System
The system automatically interrupts power delivery just long enough—between 50 and 75 milliseconds, depending upon the sensitivity adjustment—to unload the transmission gear dogs and allow a clean upshift, producing smoother, almost uninterrupted acceleration.
For quicker and smoother downshifts without manually blipping the throttle twist grip or using the clutch, the system automatically opens the throttle valves just enough to increase rpm and match engine speed to the next-lower gear ratio.
Suzuki Drive Mode Selector
Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) system allows the rider to select one of three fuel injection and ignition system maps (2maps in case of GSX-R750/600), adjusting power delivery to suit personal preference in various riding situations, such as different racetracks or tight, twisty roads. The feature helps rider to enjoy the performance in a wider range of riding situations.
Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material
Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) is Suzuki’s own nickel-silicon-carbide coating technique derived from racetrack experience.
SCEM cylinders allow faster heat transfer and tighter piston-to-cylinder clearance, for superb durability and resistance to scuffing.
Suzuki Clutch Assist System
Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) – a back-torque-limiting clutch helps make downshifts smoother, assists the rider in taking control in deceleration.
Ramped engagement cams built into the clutch hub decrease force on the clutch plates under deceleration by pushing up against the pressure plate, allowing the plates to slip at a controlled rate.
Antilock Brake System
An electrically controlled Antilock Brake System (ABS) that produces stable braking force under various road surface conditions
The system helps avoid wheel locking when there is a sudden change in road surface during braking or when an excessive braking force is applied.
The system monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction. * ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance.
Please always ride at a safe speed for road and weather conditions, including while cornering.
Suzuki Cross Balancer
The first biaxial primary balancer on a production motorcycle to position its two balancers at 90° to the crankshaft*, this patented** mechanism suppresses vibration to contribute to smooth operation, while its design also helps realize a lighter powerplant that is more compact from front to rear.
2024 Suzuki GSX-8R Features
– Slim, compact and powerful, Suzuki’s 776cm3 parallel twin engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power and free-revving performance.
Its 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides power delivery characteristics and a pleasing sound similar to that of the model’s V-twin brethren.
– The Suzuki Cross Balancer is a patented biaxial primary balancer that contributes to smooth and nimble operation as well as a compact, lightweight engine design.
– The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) provides advanced electronic rider assist systems including Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), the Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS), Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System, Bi-directional Quick Shift System, Suzuki Easy Start System and Low RPM Assist.
– The full fairing design pays due respect to the over 35-year heritage of the iconic GSX-R series, even while working to create a fresh new face that symbolizes the future of Suzuki sportbike design.
– The vertically stacked pair of hexagonal LED headlights topped by an LED position light helps create a slim, compact face with a futuristic appeal that symbolizes Suzuki design.
– A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel features clearly legible information displays that cover all the bike’s systems and supply vital real-time status information.
– Forged aluminum separate handlebars and an aerodynamically proven windscreen contribute to positive control and sportier riding potential, while also enhancing the aggressive appeal of the 2024 Suzuki GSX-8R’s styling.
– Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) SFF-BP* inverted front forks, paired with a Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) link-type mono-shock rear suspension with preload adjuster, deliver a smooth, controllable ride while contributing agility and straight-line stability suitable.
– The aerodynamic designed windscreen helps reduce fatigue on long rides.
*SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) is a registered trademark of Hitachi Astemo, Ltd.
2024 Suzuki GSX-8R Engine Features
– Suzuki’s parallel twin 776cm3 DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder engine delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the pleasant feeling of free-revving performance through to the high end.
It provides plenty of torque and power, but is also easy to control, whether touring, enjoying a brisk solo run, competing on the racetrack, or tackling errands around town.
– It is designed as a slim, compact powerplant that helps realize the most effective weight distribution and chassis geometry, as well as the optimum riding position.
– The engine features a 270-degree crankshaft layout with a firing order that produces rich torque and positive traction, as well as a pleasing rumble and engine note similar to that of a V-twin engine.
– The Suzuki Cross Balancer*, a patented biaxial primary balancer, suppresses vibration and contributes to smooth operation by positioning its two balancers equidistant at 90° to the crankshaft.
It also helps achieve a lightweight powerplant that is more compact from front to rear.
– Long-reach iridium spark plugs makes it easier to secure a cooling channel around the plug, leading to improved cooling performance, while their thin profile contributes to optimizing the combustion chamber layout.
The strong spark characteristics of iridium plugs also aids combustion efficiency and contributes to greater fuel economy.
– Cooling system inlet control contributes to early stabilization of water temperature and helps eliminate rough idle during engine warm-up. This also helps stabilize combustion and contributes to cleaner exhaust gas.
– A pair of linked 42mm bore electronic-controlled throttle bodies help achieve faithful response and a linear feeling to throttle action.
– The 2-into-1 exhaust system is designed to produce a pleasing note that befits the parallel twin engine, and its distinctive short muffler design contributes greatly to realizing a mass-forward image.
A two-stage catalytic converter inside the collector helps satisfy Euro 5 emissions standards.
– The six-speed transmission adopts gear ratios that deliver smooth shifting and exciting acceleration, whether shifting normally or using the standard-equipment Bi-directional Quick Shift System to shift without clutch operation.
– The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and contributes to smoother shifting.
* Patent granted for biaxial primary balancer that positions its two balancers at 90°to the crankshaftSuzuki
Intelligent Ride System(S.I.R.S.) Features
– The advanced electronic systems of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) featured on the GSX-8R assist and help you optimize performance characteristics to match your changing riding needs and preferences.
By making the GSX-8R feel more controllable, predictable and less tiring to operate, these systems help you ride with greater peace of mind.
– Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) lets you freely choose among three different power output characteristic modes to best match varying riding conditions or your preferences.
While all three ultimately deliver maximum engine output, finer control over response and torque characteristics as you open the throttle to accelerate empowers you to ride with greater confidence and pleasure.
Mode A (Active)
Delivers the sharpest throttle response as you open the throttle. Torque characteristics are finely tuned to deliver exciting acceleration as the throttle is opened.
Mode B (Basic)
Features softer throttle response and a more linear power delivery curve as you open the throttle. Settings are tuned to help make the bike more controllable and a good fit for everyday riding.
Mode C (Comfort)
Offers yet softer throttle response and more gentle torque characteristics. This mode is useful when riding on wet or slippery surfaces.
– The Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS)* is designed to help prevent the rear wheel slip, thereby reducing stress and fatigue while instilling greater conﬁdence in controlling your ride.
You can select from 3 modes to control how quickly the system takes effect and how proactive it is in limiting wheel spin, or you can opt to run with it turned off.
– Suzuki’s Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle System realizes linear feedback to throttle grip action that responds faithfully to your every intention and makes the 2024 Suzuki GSX-8R feel more controllable.
– The Bi-directional Quick Shift System lets you shift up or down while in motion without operating the clutch lever. When activated, this standard-equipment system delivers clean upshifts with smooth acceleration, as well as quick and easy downshifts.
The gear shift linkage system load rate is optimized to provide a solid, satisfying click with each shift that assures you the gearbox has responded immediately to your action.
– Suzuki Easy Start System lets you start the engine with just one quick press of a button. As a function used on every outing, it makes your riding experience all the more pleasurable and convenient.
– By helping prevent engine speed from dropping excessively when you pull away from a standing start or ride at low speeds, Low RPM Assist delivers smoother starts and inspires greater confidence when you are riding in stop-and-go traffic, or doing U-turns.
– Antilock Braking System (ABS)** contributes to stable braking by helping prevent the wheels from locking up, even under hard braking. The system is programmed to monitor wheel speed and match stopping power to the available traction. The ABS control unit features a compact, lightweight design that contributes to making the bike nimbler.
* The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
** ABS is s not designed to shorten the braking distance. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
2024 Suzuki GSX-8R Chassis Features
– The chassis was engineered to be slim, compact, lightweight, highly agile and ideally suited to supporting the high-performance parallel twin engine. For true riding pleasure, every performance aspect reflects a strong focus on great handling and control, and on minimizing fatigue.
– The highly rigid steel frame helps realize excellent straight-line stability and nimble handling, while also featuring the right amount of flex to maximize comfort when passing over cobblestones or other bumps in the road.
– Every detail of its advanced styling, from the sharp, clean design of the front face and fairing to the slim profile of its rear section, the GSX-8R’s mass-forward aggressive stance and well-balanced proportions instantly convey performance potential.
– The GSX-8R adopts highly rigid forged aluminum separate handlebars. The lower, more forward placement of the separate handlebars help the rider lean over the bars in a sporty riding position that makes aggressive runs all the more enjoyable.
– The windscreen was developed through extensive wind tunnel testing to help reduce fatigue on long rides by cutting wind noise and preventing buffeting.
– Dual four-piston radial-mount front brake calipers mated with 310mm outer diameter dual discs provide sure stopping power and controllable braking performance. The rear brake has a 240mm outer diameter disc and uses a single-piston pin-slide caliper.
– Cast aluminum wheels with a unique lightweight design contribute to nimble handling and sporty performance, while also enhancing the sporty looks of the 2024 Suzuki GSX-8R.
– Dunlop RoadSport 2 radial tires benefit from an internal construction matched to the characteristics of the 2024 Suzuki GSX-8R. Their proven tread pattern employs a silica compound that enhances grip in wet conditions and features durable wear resistance.
– Hitachi Astemo (SHOWA) SFF-BP* inverted front forks deliver a smooth, controllable ride and feature a spring rate that is optimized for both solid cornering performance as well as straight-line stability. Their stable damping characteristics make them suitable for a wide range of purposes, from more aggressive sport riding to touring use. The mono-shock link-type rear suspension with adjustable spring preload further contributes to agility and stability.
– The aluminum swingarm employs a unique shape engineered to perform optimally under all street riding conditions and provide sure handling stability. Its lightweight aluminum construction enhances trackability and improves rear suspension response while at the same time contributing to a smoother, more comfortable ride.
– The 14L fuel tank is designed to deliver the right balance between riding range and slim, compact looks that heighten the appeal of the GSX-8R’s sportbike styling.
– The rider’s seat is designed for comfortable sport riding. Delivering solid support toward its rear edge, the seat is shaped to offer freedom of movement and is covered in a skin that provides positive grip.
– The fairing-mounted mirrors are designed and tested to enhance aerodynamic performance and wind protection. Their sharp design adds sophisticated flair to the GSX-8R’s modern expression of sporty styling.
* SFF-BP is a registered trademark of Hitachi Astemo, Ltd
– A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel provides clearly legible high-quality information displays to keep you fully aware of all the bike’s systems and supply vital real-time operating status information.
Manual or automatic settings for switching between the day (white) and night (black) display modes let you maximize visibility at any hour and in any riding situation.
– The vertically stacked pair of hexagonal LED headlights topped by an LED position light helps create a slim, compact face with a futuristic appeal that symbolizes Suzuki design.
Mounted to the frame via the fairing, the headlight assembly contributes to the GSX-8R’s agility and neutral steering feel.
– The LED rear combination light mounted on the slim rear fender contributes to a sporty design that makes the 2024 Suzuki GSX-8R look even shorter, slimmer and lighter in the rear.
– The ergonomic layout of handlebar switches maximizes operating ease and efficiency so you can access all controls while focusing on the road ahead.
Select modes and make settings and adjustments for each S.I.R.S. control system by simply operating the MODE and UP/DOWN switches on the left handlebar.
2024 Suzuki GSX-8R Specifications
Metallic Triton Blue (YSF)
Pearl Ignite Yellow (QZY)
Metallic Mat Sword Silver (QKA)
Metallic Mat Black No.2 (YKV)
Overall length: 2,155 mm (84.8 in.)
Wheelbase: 1,465 mm (57.7 in.)
Overall width: 770 mm (30.3 in.)
Ground clearance: 145 mm (5.7 in.)
Overall height: 1,135 mm (44.7 in.)
Seat height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
Curb mass: 205 kg (452 lbs.)
Engine type: 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore × Stroke: 84.0 mm x 70.0 mm (3.3 in. x 2.8 in.)
Engine displacement: 776 cm3 (47.4 cu. in.)
Compression ratio: 12.8 : 1
Fuel system: Fuel injection
Starter system: Electric
Lubrication system: Forced feed circulation, wet sump
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear suspension: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Rake / Trail: 25° / 104 mm (4.1 in.)
Front brake: Disc, twin
Rear brake: Disc
Front tire size: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
Rear tire size: 180/55ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
Ignition system: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
Fuel tank capacity: 14 L (3.7/3.1 US/lmp gal)
Oil capacity (Overhaul): 3.9 L (4.1/3.4 US/Imp qt)
Fuel consumption: 23.8 km/L (4.2 L/100km) in WMTC
CO2 emissions: 99 g/km in WMTC