Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2002, the ultimate predator
Ultimate aerodynamic Suzuki bike ever built, powered by 1,298cc, Ultimate 4-cylinder street sportsbike engine ever built by Suzuki. The Hayabusa, named after a Japanese falcon, is built for performance with distinct free-surface reflector / projector dual headlights flanked by large, power-boosting SRAD intakes; a sophisticated digital fuel injection system; and a race-proven twin-spar frame cradling the compact engine. Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2002. A class of one.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2002 Features
- Aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient. All fairing components have been designed for reduced drag and turbulence.
- Compact 4-stroke, four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine with DOHC, 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers, plus gear-driven counterbalancer for smooth operation.
- Electronic fuel injection system, fed by 46mm throttle bodies and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
- Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve train with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.
- High efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature- including compact air-cooled oil cooler, plus oil-jet piston cooling.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
- 6-speed transmission with high-capacity clutch featuring back-torque limiter system for smooth downshifts and scissors-type primary gear for reduced gear noise.
- Large volume 4-into-2 exhaust system with stainless steel head pipes and lightweight aluminum silencers.
- Digital direct-ignition system combines an ignition coil with each spark plug cap for reduced weight and stronger spark.
- Full instrumentation with ultra-thin step-motor construction. Includes fuel gauge, clock, temperature gauge, LCD odometer and twin tripmeters with fuel consumption gauge.
- Unique, vertically mounted dual headlight provides a bright, wide beam with a 60W projector-type high-beam and a 55W low-beam halogen bulb.
- Rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
- Large diameter (43mm) inverted front forks with fully adjustable compression & rebound damping and spring preload, plus steering damper.
- Proven link-type rear suspension with remote reservoir shock absorber. Rear suspension features fully adjustable rebound damping and compression damping and spring preload.
- Bridge-type swingarm with large diameter swingarm pivot shaft provides high swingarm rigidity.
- Powerful front disc brakes with large 320mm discs and 6-piston calipers.
- Rear disc brake with 240mm disc and 2-piston caliper.
- Radial tires mounted on lightweight 3-spoke aluminum wheels. Wide 190-size rear tire is mounted on 6″ wide rim.
- Hinged fuel tank simplifies maintenance and provides easy access to the airbox and air filter.
The Suzuki GSX-R1300 Hayabusa 2002 did not change much compared to the model 2001. By 2002 there was a limited edition Midnight Black with colors Silver / Grey, Black / Grey, Black Solid and limited editions: Midnight Black ( Canadian Limited Edition) Orange / Gold (40 american anniversary model) and Blue / Silver (limited release in Japan).
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2002 Specifications
Silver / Grey
Black / Grey
Midnight Black (Limited Edition Canada)
Orange / Gold (40 american anniversary model)
Blue / Silver (limited release in Japan)
Dimensions and curb weight
Overall length: 2,140 mm (84.3 in)
Overall width: 740 mm (29.1 in)
Overall height: 1,165 mm (45.9 in)
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm (58.5 in)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 in)
Empty weight: 215 Kg (474 lbs)
Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, 4 stroke, 4-cylinder inline, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Number of cylinders: 4 cylinders
Calibre: 81.0 mm (3.189 in)
Stroke: 63.0 mm (2.480 in)
Displacement: 1,298 cm3 (79.3 cu in.)
Compression ratio: 11.0: 1
Fuel System: Fuel delivery method
Air filter: Paper element
Starter system: Electric
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Idle speed: 1150 ± 100 r / min
Clutch: Wet, multiplate oil
Transmission: 6-speed constant-mesh
Gearshift pattern: 1 reduction, 5 increase
Primary reduction ratio: 1.596 (83/52)
Secondary reduction ratio: 2.352 (40/17)
First: 2,615 (34/13)
2nd: 1,937 (31/16)
3rd: 1,526 (29/19)
4th: 1,285 (27/21)
5th: 1,136 (25/22)
High: 1,043 (24/23)
Final reduction ratio: 2.388 (43/18)
Drive chain: RK GB50GSV Z3, 112 links
Frame Type: Twin-spar, aluminum-alloy
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, 43mm inner tube, fully adjustable rebound and compression damping
Rear suspension: Swingarm, progressive linkage, fully adjustable rebound and compression damping
Carrera Front fork: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear wheel travel: 140 mm (5.5 in)
Steering angle: 24º 12′
Tilt the front axle: 30°
Rake/Trail: 24.2 degrees / 97 mm (3.8 in)
Turning radius: 3.3 m (10.8 ft)
Front wheel: 3.50 x 17 inches, cast aluminum-alloy
Rear wheel: 6.00 x 17 inches, cast aluminum-alloy
Front brake: 6-piston callipers, 320mm dual discs
Rear brake: Opposed 2-piston caliper, 240mm dic
Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR 17 M / C (58 W), tubeless
Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR 17 M / C (73 W), tubeless
Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Ignition timing: 4th BTDC at 1200 r / min
Spark plug: NGK or DENSO CR9E U27ESR-N
Battery: 12 V 36 kC (10 Ah) / 10 HR
Generator: Three-phase AC generator
Main fuse: 30 A
Fuse: 15/15/15/15/10/10 A
Long 12 V 65 W (HB3)
Cuts 12 V 55 W (H7)
Flashing light 12 V 21 W x4
Number plate light 12 V 5 W
Brake / rear: 12V 21 / 5W x2
Light: 12 V 5 W
Speedometer light: LED
Counter Light: LED
Neutral indicator light: LED
Indicator light beam: LED
Indicator light turn signal: LED
Indicator light fuel level: LED
Light oil pressure warning: LED
Temperature Indicator Light: LED
Fuel tank, including reserve: 22 L (5.5 / 4.6 US / Imp gal)
oil change: 3,100 ml (3.3 / 2.7 US / Impg qt)
with filter change: 3.300 ml (3.5 / 2.9 US / Imp qt)
Repair: 4,000 ml (4.2 / 3.5 US / Imp qt)
Fork oil 480 ml (16.2 / 16.9 US / Imp oz)
Refrigerant: 2,950 ml (3.1 / 2.6 US / Imp qt)
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2002 Brochure
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2002 Image Gallery