Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2001, the ultimate predator
Ultimate aerodynamic Suzuki bike ever built, powered by 1,298cc, Ultimate 4-cylinder street sportsbike engine ever built by Suzuki. The Hayabusa, named after a Japanese falcon, is built for performance with distinct free-surface reflector / projector dual headlights flanked by large, power-boosting SRAD intakes; a sophisticated digital fuel injection system; and a race-proven twin-spar frame cradling the compact engine. Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2001. A class of one.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2001 Features
- Aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient. All fairing components have been designed for reduced drag and turbulence.
- Compact 4-stroke, four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine with DOHC, 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers, plus gear-driven counterbalancer for smooth operation.
- Electronic fuel injection system, fed by 46mm throttle bodies and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
- Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve train with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.
- High efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature- including compact air-cooled oil cooler, plus oil-jet piston cooling.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
- 6-speed transmission with high-capacity clutch featuring back-torque limiter system for smooth downshifts and scissors-type primary gear for reduced gear noise.
- Large volume 4-into-2 exhaust system with stainless steel head pipes and lightweight aluminum silencers.
- Digital direct-ignition system combines an ignition coil with each spark plug cap for reduced weight and stronger spark.
- Full instrumentation with ultra-thin step-motor construction. Includes fuel gauge, clock, temperature gauge, LCD odometer and twin tripmeters with fuel consumption gauge.
- Unique, vertically mounted dual headlight provides a bright, wide beam with a 60W projector-type high-beam and a 55W low-beam halogen bulb.
- Rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
- Large diameter (43mm) inverted front forks with fully adjustable compression & rebound damping and spring preload, plus steering damper.
- Proven link-type rear suspension with remote reservoir shock absorber. Rear suspension features fully adjustable rebound damping and compression damping and spring preload.
- Bridge-type swingarm with large diameter swingarm pivot shaft provides high swingarm rigidity.
- Powerful front disc brakes with large 320mm discs and 6-piston calipers.
- Rear disc brake with 240mm disc and 2-piston caliper.
- Radial tires mounted on lightweight 3-spoke aluminum wheels. Wide 190-size rear tire is mounted on 6″ wide rim.
- Hinged fuel tank simplifies maintenance and provides easy access to the airbox and air filter.
The Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2001 did not change much compared to the 2000 model silver blue version like the 2000 model was launched, but with the front changing color to blue and silver logo Habayusa in gray and red (in Instead of full blue as the previous model). Along with this came a black color right the first history of the Hayabusa version, gray and silver.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2001 Specifications
Candy Velvety Red / Metallic Galaxy Silver (FH6)
Pearl Novelty Black / Metallic Galaxy Silver (FH5)
Dimensions and curb weight
Overall length: 2,140 mm (84.3 in)
Overall width: 740 mm (29.1 in)
Overall height: 1,165 mm (45.9 in)
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm (58.5 in)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 in)
Empty weight: 215 Kg (474 lbs)
Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, 4 stroke, 4-cylinder inline, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Number of cylinders: 4 cylinders
Bore: 81.0 mm (3.189 in)
Stroke: 63.0 mm (2.480 in)
Displacement: 1,298 cm3 (79.3 cu in.)
Compression ratio: 11.0: 1
Fuel System: Fuel delivery method
Air filter: Paper element
Starter system: Electric
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Idle speed: 1150 ± 100 r / min
Clutch: Wet, multiplate oil
Transmission: 6-speed constant-mesh
Gearshift pattern: 1 reduction, 5 increase
Primary reduction ratio: 1.596 (83/52
Secondary reduction ratio: 2.352 (40/17)
First: 2,615 (34/13)
2nd: 1,937 (31/16)
3rd: 1,526 (29/19)
4th: 1,285 (27/21)
5th: 1,136 (25/22)
High: 1,043 (24/23)
Final reduction ratio: 2.388 (43/18)
Drive chain: RK GB50GSV Z3, 112 links
Frame Type: Twin-spar, aluminum-alloy
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, 43mm inner tube, fully adjustable rebound and compression damping
Rear suspension: Swingarm, progressive linkage, fully adjustable rebound and compression damping
Carrera Front fork: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear wheel travel: 140 mm (5.5 in)
Steering angle: 24º 12′ Tilt the front axle: 30°
Rake/Trail: 24.2 degrees / 97 mm (3.8 in)
Turning radius: 3.3 m (10.8 ft)
Front wheel: 3.50 x 17 inches, cast aluminum-alloy
Rear wheel: 6.00 x 17 inches, cast aluminum-alloy
Front brake: 6-piston callipers, 320mm dual discs
Rear brake: Opposed 2-piston caliper, 240mm dic
Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR 17 M / C (58 W), tubeless
Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR 17 M / C (73 W), tubeless
Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Ignition timing: 4th BTDC at 1200 r / min
Spark plug: NGK or DENSO CR9E U27ESR-N
Battery: 12 V 36 kC (10 Ah) / 10 HR
Generator: Three-phase AC generator
Main fuse: 30 A Fuse: 15/15/15/15/10/10 A
Headlight: Long 12 V 65 W (HB3)
Cuts 12 V 55 W (H7)
Flashing light 12 V 21 W x4
Number plate light 12 V 5 W
Brake / rear: 12V 21 / 5W x2
Light: 12 V 5 W
Speedometer light: LED
Counter Light: LED
Neutral indicator light: LED
Indicator light beam: LED
Indicator light turn signal: LED
Indicator light fuel level: LED
Light oil pressure warning: LED
Temperature Indicator Light: LED
Fuel tank, including reserve: 22 L (5.5 / 4.6 US / Imp gal)
oil change: 3,100 ml (3.3 / 2.7 US / Impg qt)
with filter change: 3.300 ml (3.5 / 2.9 US / Imp qt)
Repair: 4,000 ml (4.2 / 3.5 US / Imp qt)
Fork oil: 480 ml (16.2 / 16.9 US / Imp oz)
Refrigerant: 2,950 ml (3.1 / 2.6 US / Imp qt)
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2001 Brochure
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2001 Image Gallery