The new Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1990 brings to the open class of production motorcycles an all-around superiority won in successful factory racing actions and proven in a wide range of production endurance racing events. Powerful, circuit-bred performance features like engine improvements straight out of the factory teamís race shop, rigid inverted front forks and Suzukiís unique progressive link rear suspension – all cradled within an aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm whose efficiency has been proved with modified racing engines. The new Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1990 is another Suzuki success in efficient application of racing technology to street bikes. Itís direct-access racing technology in action.
The latest Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1990, 1127cc, powerhouse features cylinder head designs straight from the factory racers:
- Valve seats are smoothly blended with reshaped intake ports for better cylinder charging and higher torque.
- Use of lightweight, single rocker arms to open each valve, and use of small shims to adjust valve lash, reduces inertial mass and mechanical losses.
- New, double-row ball bearing is used on the transmission output shaft.
- New crankcase system sprays a constant stream of oil on the 3rd, 4th and 5th gearsets for better gear lubrication and cooling.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS), combined with air cooling, efficiently carries engine heat away to the high-capacity curved Radial Flow cooler.
- Larger 40mm Slingshot carburetors maintain quick engine response.
- A new remote choke control lever is conveniently positioned on the left handlebar.
- Cool-air induction system routes cool, dense air from the fairing intake to the airbox.
- Aluminum-alloy double-cradle frame, together with swingarm reinforced with gussets, features rigidity well proven with modified racing engines.
- lnverted front forks have higher rigidity and provide better fork response. Suzukiís unique progressive link rear suspension system is combined with a remote-reservoir rear shock.
- Wide aluminum-alloy wheels with hollow spokes carry high-performance 17-inch front and rear radial tires.
- 310mm front brake discs with surface slotting and floating carrier mounts are mounted, together with 4-piston calipers with staggered piston sizes.
- New factory racer-derived, narrower fairing with flush-mounted headlights, along with sidecovers and tailsection, are wind-tunnel refined and provide better aerodynamics.
Specifications Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1990
Pearl Still White / Blue (3SH)
Pearl Novelty Black / Urban Gray Metallic (ECG)
Pearl Novelty Black / Marble Italian Red (3EE)
Dimensions and curb weight
Overall length: 2.090mm (82.3in)
Overall width: 755 mm (29.7 in)
Overall height: 1,150 mm (45.3 in)
Battle: 1.465mm (57.7in)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Seat height: 795 mm (31.3 in)
Empty weight: 226kg (498lbs)
Engine Type: 4 stroke, air cooling with SACS, DOHC, TSCC
Number of cylinders: 4 cylinders
Calibre: 78.0 mm (3.07 in)
Stroke: 59 mm (2.32 in)
Displacement: 1,127 cc (68.8 cu.in)
Compression ratio: 10: 1
Carburetor: 4 x 40mm MIKUNI BST36SS
Air filter: polyester fiber element
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Maximum Power: 145PS (108kW) @ 10000RPM
Maximum Torque: 11.6kg-m (114NM) @ 7500RPM
Ignition: Suzuki PEI
Starting System: Electric
Clutch: multidisc in oil bath, hydraulically operated
Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
Gearshift pattern: 1 reduction, 4 increase
Primary reduction ratio: 1.565 (72/46)
First: 2,384 (31/13)
2nd: 1,631 (31/19)
3rd: 1,250 (25/20)
4th: 1,045 (23/22)
High: 0.913 (21/23)
Final reduction ratio: 3.200 (48/15)
Drive chain: TAKASAGO RK532GSV2, 118 links.
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, spring preload fully adjustable, damping force compression 8-way and rebound 10-way adjustable
Rear suspension: Link-type, coil spring, gas/oil damped, spring preload 7-way adjustable damping force compression 17-way, rebound 19-way adjustable
Steering angle: 30 °
Tilt the front axle: 26th
Filmed: 99 mm (3.9 in)
Turning radius: 3.2 m (10.5 ft)
Front brakes: Double disc 310 mm
Rear brake: Disk 220 mm
Front Tire Size: 120 / 70ZR17
Rear Tire Size: 180 / 55ZR 17
Suspension travel front: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear wheel travel: 158 mm (6.2 in)
Ignition Type: transistorised
Ignition timing: 7th BTDC at 1500 rpm and 13 ° BTDC at 1500 rpm
Spark plug: NGK JR9B
Battery: 12 V 50.4 kC (14 Ah) / 10 HR
Generator: Three-phase AC generator
Main fuse: 30A
Fuse: 20/10/10/10 / 10A
Fuel tank: 22L (5.8gal)
Reservation: 4.2 l. (4.4 gal)
Front fork oil: 415 ml (14.0 oz)
Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1990 motorcycle catalog (brochure): Link
Image Gallery Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1990