Birth of the Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa in 1999, the ultimate predator
The name Hayabusa is the Japanese translation for Peregrine Falcon, the bird that is capable of speeds in excess of 320km / h is the natural predator (perhaps not coincidentally) the blackbird (attributed to several species of birds name), a clear reference to the Honda CBR 1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD as when it was launched in the market in 1999, took the title of fastest motorcycle in the world from the hands of Honda.
The first generation of the Hayabusa, called Suzuki GSX-R1300, was powered by a 1,299 cc engine with 4 cylinders in line, water cooled. That engine remained virtually unchanged until 2008.
The Suzuki Hayabusa into history with engines of 176 hp and a downward torque curve from 7,000 rpm. If it had been a sharp engine, you could put some hits, but the Suzuki GSX-R1300 Hayabusa 1999 offered the contrary, a power curve without doubt, really linear, with a pair of over 12 mkg All speed range reached almost 15 mkg at its peak.
The Hayabusa (Suzuki GSX-R1300 Hayabusa) is a motorcycle regarded as one of the fastest in the world (top speed: 317km / h, adjusted pursuant record by the Guinness Book of 2000 and 2004) and the largest market acceleration in a strictly bike series.
Since its debut in 1999 until June 2007, more than 100,000 units of Hayabusa were sold worldwide. In the United States during the year 2005 more than 10,000 units were sold and in 2006 in the US market sales Hayabusa were in bent to the sales of Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 number, which began to be sold the same year. Again, in 2007 sales totaled 10,000 units Hayabusa model sold only in the United States.
Overall, sales in the US were growing year by year since the launch in 1999-2006 being a few thousand units of more than 10,000 in 2006. No information supplied by global sales Suzuki Motor Corporation itself or by regional resellers in each country of the world.
A unique bike in its class. Enjoy the Suzuki GSX-R1300 Hayabusa 1999, the largest sporting Suzuki.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 1999 Features
- Aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient. All fairing components have been designed for reduced drag and turbulence.
- Compact 4-stroke, four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine with DOHC, 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers, plus gear-driven counterbalancer for smooth operation.
- Electronic fuel injection system, fed by 46mm throttle bodies and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
- Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve train with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.
- High efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature- including compact air-cooled oil cooler, plus oil-jet piston cooling.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
- 6-speed transmission with high-capacity clutch featuring back-torque limiter system for smooth downshifts and scissors-type primary gear for reduced gear noise.
- Large volume 4-into-2 exhaust system with stainless steel head pipes and lightweight aluminum silencers.
- Digital direct-ignition system combines an ignition coil with each spark plug cap for reduced weight and stronger spark.
- Full instrumentation with ultra-thin step-motor construction. Includes fuel gauge, clock, temperature gauge, LCD odometer and twin tripmeters with fuel consumption gauge.
- Unique, vertically mounted dual headlight provides a bright, wide beam with a 60W projector-type high-beam and a 55W low-beam halogen bulb.
- Rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
- Large diameter (43mm) inverted front forks with fully adjustable compression & rebound damping and spring preload, plus steering damper.
- Proven link-type rear suspension with remote reservoir shock absorber. Rear suspension features fully adjustable rebound damping and compression damping and spring preload.
- Bridge-type swingarm with large diameter swingarm pivot shaft provides high swingarm rigidity.
- Powerful front disc brakes with large 320mm discs and 6-piston calipers.
- Rear disc brake with 240mm disc and 2-piston caliper.
- Radial tires mounted on lightweight 3-spoke aluminum wheels. Wide 190-size rear tire is mounted on 6″ wide rim.
- Hinged fuel tank simplifies maintenance and provides easy access to the airbox and air filter.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 1999 Specifications
Metallic Light Copper / Metallic Ecru Silver (M9S)
Candy Saturn Black / Metallic Light Charcoal (M9T)
Candy Antares Red / Candy Saturn Black (M9U)
Dimensions and curb weight
Overall length: 2,140 mm (84.3 in)
Overall width: 740 mm (29.1 in)
Overall height: 1,165 mm (45.9 in)
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm (58.5 in)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 in)
Empty weight: 215 Kg (474 lbs)
Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, 4 stroke, 4-cylinder inline, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Number of cylinders: 4 cylinders
Bore: 81.0 mm (3.189 in)
Stroke: 63.0 mm (2.480 in)
Displacement: 1,298 cm3 (79.3 cu in.)
Compression ratio: 11.0: 1
Fuel System: Fuel delivery method
Air filter: Paper element
Starter system: Electric
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Idle speed: 1150 ± 100 r / min
Clutch: Wet, multiplate oil
Transmission: 6-speed constant-mesh
Gearshift pattern: 1 reduction, 5 increase
Primary reduction ratio: 1.596 (83/52
Secondary reduction ratio: 2.352 (40/17)
First: 2,615 (34/13)
2nd: 1,937 (31/16)
3rd: 1,526 (29/19)
4th: 1,285 (27/21)
5th: 1,136 (25/22)
High: 1,043 (24/23)
Final reduction ratio: 2.388 (43/18)
Drive chain: RK GB50GSV Z3, 112 links
Frame Type: Twin-spar, aluminum-alloy
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, 43mm inner tube, fully adjustable rebound and compression damping
Rear suspension: Swingarm, progressive linkage, fully adjustable rebound and compression damping
Carrera Front fork: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear wheel travel: 140 mm (5.5 in)
Steering angle: 24º 12′ Tilt the front axle: 30°
Rake/Trail: 24.2 degrees / 97 mm (3.8 in)
Turning radius: 3.3 m (10.8 ft)
Front wheel: 3.50 x 17 inches, cast aluminum-alloy
Rear wheel: 6.00 x 17 inches, cast aluminum-alloy
Front brake: 6-piston callipers, 320mm dual discs
Rear brake: Opposed 2-piston caliper, 240mm dic
Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR 17 M / C (58 W), tubeless
Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR 17 M / C (73 W), tubeless
Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Ignition timing: 4th BTDC at 1200 r / min
Spark plug: NGK or DENSO CR9E U27ESR-N
Battery: 12 V 36 kC (10 Ah) / 10 HR
Generator: Three-phase AC generator
Main fuse: 30 A Fuse: 15/15/15/15/10/10 A
Headlight: Long 12 V 65 W (HB3)
Cuts 12 V 55 W (H7)
Flashing light 12 V 21 W x4
Number plate light 12 V 5 W
Brake / rear: 12V 21 / 5W x2
Light: 12 V 5 W
Speedometer light: LED
Counter Light: LED
Neutral indicator light: LED
Indicator light beam: LED
Indicator light turn signal: LED
Indicator light fuel level: LED
Light oil pressure warning: LED
Temperature Indicator Light: LED
Fuel tank, including reserve: 22 L (5.5 / 4.6 US / Imp gal)
oil change: 3,100 ml (3.3 / 2.7 US / Impg qt)
with filter change: 3.300 ml (3.5 / 2.9 US / Imp qt)
Repair: 4,000 ml (4.2 / 3.5 US / Imp qt)
Fork oil: 480 ml (16.2 / 16.9 US / Imp oz)
Refrigerant: 2,950 ml (3.1 / 2.6 US / Imp qt)
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 1999 Specifications